In accordance with Sacramento County’s Public Health Office guidelines, starting May 4th, our office will resume routine care for our patients on a part-time basis. We are open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday until further notice. We are dedicated to providing you quality care while ensuring you and your loved ones remain safe. In order to do so, we have adopted the following protocols in addition to our current operating procedures:
ο Patients will asked screening questions related to COVID-19 prior to entering the office. If you have COVID-related symptoms (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath) or have been in contact with a COVID-19 infected individual in the past 3 weeks, we will reschedule you.
ο Everyone is required to wear a face mask while in the office; this applies to all staff and all patients. Patients may wear a covering from home.
ο Patients will be asked to use hand sanitizer when they enter the office as well as various times throughout the exam process.
ο Minimize unnecessary contact:
- Added physical barrier at front desk to separate staff and patients.
- Aim to maintain six feet of separation between staff and patients at the front desk.
- Only the patient is allowed to come in the office unaccompanied (unless it is necessary that you have a guardian or need physical assistance).
- To avoid crowding the waiting room, patients are asked to wait in their car, if possible, until they can proceed to an exam room.
- We have removed any unnecessary “high touch” items, such as magazines or toys in the reception area.
ο After trying on frames, please put them in the appropriate trays provided by our staff and NOT back on the wall.
ο All frames that have been handled by patients or staff will be cleaned appropriately based on material sensitivity and manufacturer’s recommendations.
ο After use, all trays will be cleaned with Pure&Clean, an alcohol-based cleaner or another appropriate disinfectant.
ο Maintain 6 feet of separation when browsing frames, otherwise wait until there are less than 3 people in the optical area.
ο Patients, please call when you arrive in the parking lot to check-in over the phone. Our staff will bring intake forms or collect any necessary documents from you at your vehicle. We will call you when Dr. Vang is ready for you.
ο We will contact you about confirming appointments and remind you about some of these procedures prior to your appointment date.
Thank you for your understanding of our new safety measures. Please see our FAQs for more information below. As always, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.